slow - simple - soulful - sustainable
GUIDELINES & SPECIFICATIONS
When you have a member account on The Slow Living Guide (TSLG), you have access to the back-end of your business page. You can change your images and text any time you like. To offer our site visitors the best experience possible and keep this website in good health, there are some guidelines and specifications for managing your page.
For consistency, usability of the website and SEO reasons, there are a few sections that you can’t change yourself. These sections are:
-Your business name
-The short intro of your business
-The main link to your website
-The primary directory and (sub)category that your business is listed in
These sections will be set by me when I create your account. Please check them when you log in for the first time and if you see something that’s not correct, please send an email to hello[at]theslowlivingguide.co.uk and I’d be happy to change it.
Managing your page
INTRO & LOGO
The introduction text about your business is fixed.
Upload your logo in a high resolution.
Upload your images and set the order in which they appear. The first image is the image that will be visible in the directory and that appears in search engine results. If you have a Standard listing, you can upload a maximum of 3 images. With a Premium listing, there’s room for up to 8 images.
Guidelines for images
- Please make sure that your images fit the brand style of TSLG, so preferably no overly bright colours or clinical product pictures.
- Images with text overlay are not allowed in the header, but you can place images of text (for instance, an image of a framed print with text on it).
- TSLG uses square images. You can upload landscape or portrait images but keep in mind that they will be cropped.
- The optimum resolution for your images is 1280 x 1280 px but in any case, no smaller than 900 x 900 px and no larger than 1920 x 1920 px. Please make sure your images don’t exceed 1 MB in size.
- Give your images a recognisable name, such as your company name and what they contain (for instance, The Slow Living Guide – blanket) so they can be linked to you + your page will get better traction with search engines.
Tell your story, how you got started, what you’re offering, why you do what you do, etc. in max. 240 words. You can’t format or place links in the text. If you’d like to have more links on your page, add them in the Extra Links section (Premium membership only).
It’s best if this About text is slightly different than the one you might have on your website for SEO reasons. Have a look at other businesses in the directory if you need some inspiration.
Your name and business name show above the about text automatically. Your business name is fixed, but you can change the way your own name appears. The preset is your first and last name, but if you prefer just your first name or show multiple names if you run the business together with someone else, you can change this by changing the names on the business details page.
With the Premium membership you have the option to add up to 3 extra links. These will show underneath your About section. Here are the steps to activate an extra link.
- Check the box to activate a section.
- Fill in the title (for instance: visit my shop, read my blog, newsletter sign up, listen to my podcast, etc.).
- Fill in the button text (for instance: Read more or Sign up)
- Enter the website link.
- Tell a bit about what you’re linking to (for instance: in my shop you’ll find a beautiful collection of handmade goods…/my monthly newsletter is full of seasonal inspiration and helps you find ways to slow down…etc.).
- Upload a relevant image.
If you want to add another link, just repeat the process.
CATEGORIES & TAGS
Your primary directory and (sub)category are fixed and can’t be changed by you. If you feel like you’re not in the right primary category, please send me an email and I can change this for you. If you have a Premium membership, your listing can appear in more categories. Just tick the boxes! Please make sure that you’re only choosing categories that are relevant for your business.
You can add tags to your listing that you can choose from a predefined list.
With the Premium membership you have the option to list a promotion. If you have a promotional code, a sale or a new collection that you’d like to highlight, you can activate a banner on your business page that will appear underneath the header.
Tick the box to activate your promotion and describe your promotion (for instance: Get a 10% discount with code SLOWLIVING10, Our new collection is now online!).
If you have an active promotion, it will show in the ‘Promo’ tab in the directory so people can easily find an overview of all the businesses that are running promotions at that time. It’s a great way of letting people know about your specials.
SAVE, (PRE)VIEW & PUBLISH YOUR LISTING
You can save your changes with the SAVE button at the bottom of the page. If you’d like to preview or view your page, click the link ‘View my page’ in the left hand menu. If you want to your listing to be visible in the directory, go to Status at the bottom of the page and activate your page by toggling the button.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please send an email to hello[at]theslowlivingguide.co.uk and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.